Best Socks For Sweaty Feet
In this article we not only review the best socks for sweaty feet. Having sweaty feet can be a real problem.
Those with sweaty feet are more prone to foot related problems like foot odor, nail fungus and foot blisters. Knowing which materials to look out for and which to avoid will make a world of a difference in keeping your feet feeling fresh and dry.
Top 5 Socks For Sweaty Feet
1. Darn Tough Men's Merino Wool Full Cushion Hiker Boot Sock
The Darn Tough Merino’s make for excellent outdoor socks. These socks can be worn in wide range of weather conditions and are great for for hiking, biking and skiing.
This is because Darn Tough achieved a perfect ratio with their combination of Merino, Spandex and Lycra.
As a result, these socks are extremely breathable and durable
They are also lined with antimicrobial and anti fungal properties that help keep your feet fresh and dry throughout the day.
Hiking socks are meant to be long lasting and odor resistant for those long walks in the wilderness. And the Darn Tough Wool Hiker Boot Socks are thick and odor resistant as well.
The padding allows for added cushioning when paired with the right type of hiking shoes for your feet. This ensures excellent comfort for those of you who stand on your feet all day.
Who are these socks for?
With thousands of positive reviews, you can’t go wrong with these socks.
Although, we wish Darn Tough would come out with a wider variety of colors, these boots are great for those of you who are outdoors and on your feet all the time.
These are one of the best hiking socks on the market today.
2. Balega Blister Resistant No-Show Athletic Running Socks For Men And Women
- Drynamix technology wicks the moisture away from the feet while the Mohair keep the moisture out. Mohair fibers also provide a lot of comfort and are a luxury material sock material for sweaty feet. The combination of these two materials keeps the feet cool in the summer and warm in winter.
- The toe is hand linked to the rest of the sock seamlessly, ensuring reduced chaffing and blisters in the area.
- The extended heel tab ensure the sock stays up on the back of the heel.
- While the extra deep heel pocket provides ample cushioning.
3. People Socks unisex merino wool antimicrobial crew socks
First of all, People Socks are made in America, so you know they’ve got a stamp of quality behind them.
People socks have a clever blend of Merino wool, Nylon, and Spandex.
This heavy Merino-Nylon blend ensures that the socks feel itch free. The Nylon also helps keep the socks tight, ensuring that they don’t loosen over time.
The reinforced toe and heel on these socks make them excellent work socks. Reinforced socks help reduce wear and tear at the heel and toe, especially for those wearing steel toe boots.
Reinforced socks also offer excellent comfort and cushioning due to the extra thickness at the toe and heel.
Who are these socks for?
The American made People Socks are a versatile pair of socks. They can be used for variety of scenarios from work to hiking outdoors.
4. Thirty 48 running socks for men and women
The Thirty 48 running socks are available in a variety of exciting colors and multi packs.
Thirty 48 socks come in a cushioned low-cut style They are designed to be lightweight and for maximum comfort. These socks have a sporty look and feel to them and can be paired easily with any sport shoe.
Thirty 48 designed their running socks with CoolMax technology fibers. These fibers keep the feet warm with their moisture wicking ability, keeping your feet cool and dry.
Who are these socks for?
The Thirty 48 socks are great socks for sports persons and athletes with sweaty feet.
The CoolMax technology blend will not only keep your feet cool and dry, but will also reduce the formation of blisters on the feet.
5. Darn Tough Vermont Men's 1/4 Merino Wool Cushion Hiking Socks
The Darn Tough Vermont 1/4 Hiking socks come in three colors – Black, Oatmeal and Olive.
These 1/4 hiking socks come in a variety of sizes from small to 2X large ensuring a perfect fit for your feet.
Who are these socks for?
If its summer and a long trip without stops is on your mind the these are the socks to own. The wool repels and minimizes the odor with its uniquely thin fiber while the spandex helps reduce slippage.
The antimicrobial and antibacterial properties will ensure that you don’t have to endure the cheesy smell of your socks.
Problems Associated With Sweaty Feet
- The excessive sweat could also dissolve the chemical solvents in the sides and uppers leading to skin rashes.
- Yeast infections, athletes foot, fungal toe nail and even warts could be the outcome of sweaty feet.
- The accumulated sweat can lead to rapid deterioration of your shoes
If bacteria live all over our bodies, then why doesn’t the rest of our body smell like our feet?
Bacteria is everywhere! On our hands, feet, face and even on the surface of our eyes. But then so is the air, and as a consequence, air circulation.
The parts of our body that receive a lot of air circulation don’t smell as bad as the rest (like armpits and feet for example).
Our feet are constantly covered under layers of materials, from out socks to our shoes. As a consequence our feet sweat a lot. And the smell caused by the by the decomposition of this sweat has nowhere to go, resulting the lingering cheesy smell.
Best Sock Materials For Sweaty Feet
- Merino wool – Is probably the best natural material out there for sweaty feet socks. This is because the wool from these sheep is excellent at drawing sweat away from the feet and expelling it out into the atmosphere via evaporation. This is due to the fact that the wool is able to provide excellent air circulation via the presence of natural air pockets. Sweat is kept inside the fiber and hence blocks the microbes from feeding on the sweat. This helps keep your feet odor free as well. This is by far the best primary material of choice for socks for sweaty feet.
- Bamboo fiber – Bamboo fiber is drawn from the bamboo plant. This material was originally used in corsets to add stiffness to the outfit. It is an extremely durable material that is more breathable than cotton and has hypoallergenic properties as well.
- CoolMax – CoolMax is a man-made polyester blend that has excellent moisture wicking capabilities. The material draws moisture to the outer layer of the sock. This aids in evaporation of the sweat, ultimately providing a cooling sensation on the feet.
- Olefin (also known as Polypropylene) – Olefin is usually used in combination with other moisture absorbing materials to provide engineered socks for sweaty feet. Olefin is a moisture repelling material that when clubbed together with a moisture absorbing outer layer, repels moisture away from your feet.
- DryMax – DryMax technology enables the socks to wick moisture away from the foot, leaving the outside of the sock wet, while keeping your feet dry. The brand also lines their socks with anti-microbial treatments that help keep your feet odor free.
Worst Sock Materials For Sweaty Feet
- Cotton – Avoid 100% cotton socks. They are absorbent but hold perspiration against the skin, this bacteria growth and perspiration.
- Polyester – When it comes to sweaty feet, polyester is a double edged sword. Polyester is a hydrophobic material that works great in socks for those with sweaty feet. The addition of this water-repellent material to the socks enhances its durability. The only problem with polyester is that it tends to smell a lot. This is because it serves as a breeding ground for bacteria. That it why it doesn’t serve as the best material for socks for sweaty feet.
Why do some people’s feet stink more than others?
The answer is a very logical one. People are made differently. Some people just sweat a lot.
Sweaty feet lead to foot odor and so can be very embarrassing. This bad smell is called bromhidrosis, caused by accumulation of mold, yeast, and fungi on the foot especially between the toes.
This happens while wearing shoes and socks as the sweat has nowhere to go. The main reason for this is that as each foot has three hundred thousand sweat glands making it one of the sweatiest parts of our body.
Emotional or hormonal stress are some more factors that lead to sweating in the feet. Raging hormones are the reason why many teenagers have smelly feet. Pregnant women are also prone to excessive sweating.
Home Remedies For Sweaty Feet – So What Can You Do If You Have Naturally Sweaty Feet?
Luckily there are a few home remedies that can be useful for those of you with sweaty feet.
1. Talc Powder
What Else Can One Do To Get Rid Of Sweaty Feet?
- Poor personal hygiene. Wearing the same socks and shoes without letting them dry out breads more bacteria. The feet start to stink if sweat soaks into the socks and shoes, especially if you wear them again before they dry out.
- Hot weather makes matters worse. Although, sweaty feet and foot odor could be a summer as well as a winter problem.
- Stress is another common cause of sweaty feet. Stress causes the body to perspire as the heart rate rises. With thousands of sweat glands in the feet, reducing your levels of stress can help reduce perspiration in the feet.
How Keep Your Feet Healthy And Sweat Free
Air circulation is everything. Whenever possible wear and maintain shoes made of leather, not synthetic materials.
Never wear the same shoes or socks two days in a row. Allow shoes to breather and dry out for a day before using them again. You can also use shoe trees or shoe dryers to dry out the shoes before wearing them again.
Zeabsorb which contains micro-crystalline cellulose is a good foot powder to dust on before donning your socks and shoes. It is a great absorbent and anti-fungal powder that will absorb moisture and help prevent infection in the feet.